FIRST YEAR AT UNIVERSITY

05:45

As I sit here and realise that I haven't posted for a while (sorry about that), I also realise that I have completed my first year at University, and that I am no longer a Fresher (crying). I am also missing my Uni friends a lot, but I remember this time last year, I was absolutely shitting my self (sorry about the swearing) about going to University. In this blog post I will tell all the tips to the upcoming Freshers to explain that Uni isn't all that bad, and there is no need to feel nervous AT ALL!

1. GROUP CHAT
My degree is a theatre degree which, I admit, does help when getting to know people on the course. A few months before we started, we found other freshers doing the same course and we all starting speaking on a group chat, SOMETHING I HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Even if you only speak to one person, that's one person that you can hang around with during freshers. As we had this group chat, we started getting to know quite a few people which made it a lot easier when we met face to face, as it felt like we already knew each other.

2. BUYING NEW THINGS FOR YOUR ROOM
Now, most people think that you need to bring your whole bedroom from home, pack it up, and bring it half way across the county. NO! NO NO NO NO! I barely brought anything to Uni with me (I'll explain later) and you just need the bare essentials. Duvet, pillows. clothes, a few pictures from home so you don't forget your friends. I came up with just those things, and also a few boxes of food because, food is expensive okay?! Especially if you don't do a big shop with your flat and just buy for yourself. You will need a laptop, so if you don't have one, beg your parents haha!

3. MOVING IN
Two weeks before moving in, I was told that my accommodation was not ready and that I had to live in a hotel. I was not happy lets put it that way! So my freshers week I was spent in a hotel as my flat got refurbished. Luckily I had found some of my flatmates on Facebook and we met the rest there! When I eventually moved in, the flat was lovely!

I had a double bed and lots of storage space!

4. FRESHERS WEEK
Now before freshers, they tried bribing us into buying wristbands which would get us in to the events. DO NOT BUY THEM. The queues for the events are so long that you end up going to another club along with everyone else who couldn't get in and have a much better time. TRUST ME ON THAT. You will be drunk for the whole week (if you want to, of course) and you will be drunk during your induction week, but the lecturers are expecting that! If you don't drink, don't feel secluded, there are LOTS of people who don't drink and still have a cracking time!













5. BE CAREFUL AND ENJOY!
You will make friends! I admit, there will be people who you don't get along with, but that is inevitable. Just have fun, second year is where the work has to start :(

I hope you enjoyed this post, and I promise I will upload more regularly!

Sarah
x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This was really helpful in knowing what to expect haha! I went to uni for a week and my course wasn't what I thought at all, I didn't feel it was something I could do for the next three years and didn't feel ready >< I hope to go back as a mature student though when my little lad is old enough, I'm excited :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post :) Loved reading this x Have a nice day ^^

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post.I really like your blog. Would you like to follow each other? Let me know.
    http://andreanalens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe